To install ArticleMS:
1. Extract files from the ZIP.
2. Rename settings.php.txt to settings.php, and upload all the extracted files to your hosting space (Important: make sure set your FTP program to upload in 'Binary' mode and not ASCII) .
3. Setup permissions to writable for the following files and directories:
settings.php (chmod 666)
/uploads/ (chmod 777)
/uploads/images/ (chmod 777)
/uploads/files/ (chmod 777)
/skins/export/ (chmod 777)
/skins/ (chmod 777)
/pdf/ (chmod 777)
/_cache/ (chmod 777) (if you want to enable caching)
/plugins/export/ (chmod 777) (if you plan to develop plugins)
4. If you don't already have a database created, create one using
your host's provided tools. (You may use an existing database if
you like, if you have one.) Also be sure you've set up a mysql
username and given the username access to this database.
5. Using your web browser, visit /install/index.php (in the directory you
uploaded it to).
6. Follow the instructions on screen, supplying your database info
and creating an administrative username and password -- be sure to
remember your password.
7. Once the installation is complete, you must delete the /install/ directory, as it can be a security risk.